1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Starting a jigsaw puzzle after-school club?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by yitingtan94, Nov 30, 2019.

1. yitingtan94

yitingtan94 New commenter

All teachers are required to lead an after school club. Could be an existing club or starting a new one. I’m new in the school and since Im not good at anything else (sports, math, art etc) I was thinking about starting a Jigsaw Puzzle club. It’s something that I enjoy a lot, and thought that it’d be easier to manage. What do you think?

ViolaClef likes this.
  2. sunshineneeded

sunshineneeded Lead commenter

I think it's a great idea. I think lots of KS1s would love it. From my experience, the KS2 numbers might be limited - not sure how many would have the patience and stamina needed … I'm thinking of their ability to focus on any task for more than 5 minutes!!!!! But definitely worth a try.
    Board games club is also pretty easy to manage and doesn't require much planning and prep every week.

ViolaClef likes this.
  3. Sir Cumference

Sir Cumference Occasional commenter

4. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

Jigsaw puzzle club is a fab idea.
    Maps will attract boys and KS1 and EYFS love all kinds.

ViolaClef likes this.
  5. EBC

EBC Occasional commenter

We have one. It's popular. You can buy special mats that fold up so you can keep the unfinished puzzles packed neatly away for the next week.

ViolaClef likes this.
  6. bluebell27

bluebell27 New commenter

We’ve had a jigsaw after school club for over three years and it’s very popular. Often up to 30 children at any session ranging from F2 to year 6 pupils. Always two adults there but often an extra parent who is also a member of staff to support too.

7. ViolaClef

ViolaClef Lead commenter

Good idea - and doing jigsaw puzzles is such a good, educational activity for children - enjoyable too!