1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Starters and Plenaries

Discussion in 'Heads of department' started by anon82, Jan 5, 2011.

1. Hi there.
    can anyone PLEASE help me. Will keep this short. Im doing an assignment on Starters and Plenaries. im STUCK. Can anyone help me with anything. I need theories, journals, links etc.Do you have anything you can share with me or send me please? I would really appreciate it greatly. My email address: ilj786@live.co.uk
    Thank you so much.
    ilj xx

2. Hi there.
    can anyone PLEASE help me. Will keep this short. Im doing an assignment on Starters and Plenaries. im STUCK. Can anyone help me with anything. I need theories, journals, links etc.Do you have anything you can share with me or send me please? I would really appreciate it greatly. My email address: ilj786@live.co.uk
    Thank you so much.
    ilj xx

3. noemie

noemie Occasional commenter

Can't your course leader/mentor direct you? You're mistaken if you think HODs spend their weekends reading research about starters and plenaries! They spend them writing and proof-reading reports for which they've been given a 4 day deadline, writing their budget (3 weeks deadline this time!) and writing policies ready for ofsted. And sometimes they try to have a bit of a life... [​IMG]

4. Hi everyone, lol. Honestly, i didnt expect HOD's to be reading such stuff. Just thought they might have some info around that they could direct me too. Thanks so much. I will look ionto journals a little more and bug my uni for more guidance.

Thanks all.

ilj xx

5. noemie

noemie Occasional commenter

Good luck! [​IMG] And if you need more practical examples, such as the types of starters/plenaries we use in lessons, what we think about it generally etc, then I'll be happy to give you my tuppence!

6. mpc

mpc

If you have a look on resources you will find some excellent starter and plenary suggestions in the starter and plenary generators. I use these all the time!