1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Starter suggestions please

Discussion in 'Primary' started by pooped, Feb 12, 2011.

1. pooped

pooped New commenter

Hi all
    I have a lesson observation next week. It's my first one in my new school and I've heard the person coming in to do them is a little harsh.
    I am going to do an all possibilities problem solving activity for my main activity but am struggling to come up with a great starter.
    It's a one off lesson as I've had a student in for 6 weeks so nothing to build on!!
    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you x

2. polly2

polly2 New commenter

http://www.topmarks.co.uk/Interactive.aspx?cat=29 I use this website quite a lot, it has a lot of inteactive ideas and the children love it.
    Another idea, I once did a role play stater. They children played frogs on a log. There were six frogs and they had to swap sides. They could only move one space at a time and could only hop over one frog. Once frogs had started to move left they couldn't move right, once frogs moved right, they couldn't move left etc.

3. pooped

pooped New commenter

Thank you so much. Just looked at the website and I'm spolit for choice. I was thinking about the frogs activity last night but never thought of it as a starter.
    Really appreciate it x