1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

start of a new year - why do I feel so teary?

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by lrw22, Jan 1, 2011.

1. lrw22

lrw22 Occasional commenter

I love Christmas but have always found New Year to be quite depressing. I agree with Lily though it is just "an arbitrary starting point on a particular calendar." I tend now to think it's no big deal, just another day. It sounds as though you've been having a tough time but you're dealing with it well. I think you should spoil yourself a bit today, watch a favourite DVD, have a relaxing bath - whatever you enjoy.

2. New Year's overrated - it's just the numbers on your mileometer of life ticking over a bit more like on your car.
    Having said that - I found it quite tearful this year, but in a "2010's been **** - eff off and be gone with you" kind of way.

3. Thanks everyone :) You're all so lovely! I let myself have a wee cry and actually felt better for it. I have some nice food lined up for this evening and am looking forward to chilling out with a film.
    I like it MisterFlibble! x

4. lrw22

lrw22 Occasional commenter

Hope you enjoyed your nice food and film. [​IMG]

5. I did thank you :) I feel much better today which is good. Like the past few months I have good days and bad days! I can't believe it's back to work on Tuesday, the holidays have flown by.