1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Start my PGCE in a week!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by mialouise1993, Aug 30, 2015.

1. mialouise1993

mialouise1993 New commenter

Hi everyone!

I start my PGCE in a weeks time, any words of advice or wisdom? Im really nervous to start!

Hoping you teachers out there can give me some reassuring words!

Mia x

2. lillipad

lillipad New commenter

Be prepared to work hard and always be willing to listen, learn and show that you are willing to take on board advice. Eat as healthily as you can, remember that sleep is important and don't be afraid to ask questions.

3. mialouise1993

mialouise1993 New commenter

thank you :)

4. kash645

kash645 New commenter

Same advice as Lillipad! Also, don't despair if you find the workload quite challenging. See it as a means to an end! Don't be initimidated by anyone, especially, sadly, any teachers who view you as a threat! I did my PGCE almost 20 years ago and had mixed fortunes. Hated my first placement and also gave up but then had a brilliant teacher mentor who gave me the confidence to believe in myself! 20 years on, I'm hugely thankful to her and still love my job! Good luck and enjoy!