1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Start Dates for Strathclyde Secondary

Discussion in 'Scotland - prospective teachers' started by natstv, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Hey all!
    Found out by phone today that I got into Strathclyde! yey!
    But being english and behind already on my student finance application does anyone know the Start date for secondary pgde?

Thanks!

2. Hay natstv... What did you apply to do, is it a PGDE secondary or primary, and whan did you have your interview.
    I applied for PGDE Secondary Maths and had my interview on 1st June, still waiting to hear. During my interview, it was suggested that the start date was likely to be around August 29th.

3. hi there, I was there too on 1st june for math interview. I've been told today that I have conditional, not bad. looking forward to start in Aug. good luck to all.

4. Hey! thats great can finally send off that finance form! :D I'm doing PGDE secondary ICT well looking forward to it!

5. I mean computing.... lol

6. Registration will be 23rd August. Course starts proper 29th August. Congratulations! See you there :)

7. amysdad

amysdad Occasional commenter

I'm doing Secondary Modern Studies (just handed my notice in today...)
    Has the welcome pack from Strathclyde with dates, timetables, books, etc been sent yet (my post's generally unreliable) or is it not due till July?
    I'd read somewhere that Strathclyde were doing electronic registration, so we didn't have to go to the campus until the 29th?

8. That's just the dates I was given at my interview (17th July) - no idea what the actual registration method is, sorry!

9. amysdad

Just phoned Strathclyde to check.
    The course starts on 29th August. Registration will be the week before, but will be done online. A pack is due to be sent out to us by the end of this week with all the information for this.
    Hope this helps!

10. It's such a good feeling, isn't it? I handed mine in the week before.... Looking forward to getting started on the course now; it's the waiting bit that is always the worst.

11. Still have to hand my notice in ... it'll be a good feeling but also a bit scary! No money from September onwards :)
    Can't wait to start the course though ...
    well done everyone!

12. I still haven't had a written confirmation of the course, I really hope to get it soon as I need to resign. I hope you are right, amysdad, that the information pack is due to arrive this week :) So exciting!
    Thanks for the info, I was also told that registration can be done online ...
    [​IMG]
    All the best

13. I'm in the same boat aint got it through on GTTR yet but the uni did tell me i have the offer just had a load of problems with the system! so when i have written confirmation I'll resign. I'm not looking forward to it cause my boss scares me! haha

I hope you guys are right about registration been online. Being from England means I get another week at work before moving down.

14. amysdad

It'll probably come through from Strathclyde first before GTTR even if there's problems! I was lucky - I got my offer confirmed on Christmas Eve. Problem is I've been hanging on in at work since then, so handing in my notice was a bit of a relief!

15. Offer came through last night and I gave them a big firm acceptance haha!
    Oh im dreading work getting told be a massive relief but I have to keep telling myself: this is my future, it's what I want to do so I shouldn't care about the reaction but I do love my job and the people sometimes you feel you are letting them down I guess.

16. amysdad

I know what you mean - I've left my manager in a big hole because what with me and another guy leaving and two going on maternity leave, the team has halved in size with more work to do than we had previously! But as my manager said, it's not my concern it's her's, and I'm doing something I want to do.

17. seebee86

seebee86 New commenter

i havent notified my manager yet as i need a 4 week notice...will tell her at the end of july...still waiting for the info pack! hope it will be sent soon...

18. amysdad

I got an email last night from Strathclyde confirming registration would be done electronically, but I still have to go through to Glasgow one day the week before to pick up my matriculation card (though why they can't do this the following week I don't know?!) OK for me as I was planning to do a "test run" to make sure I've got bus times etc. right. Mine's the 25th August, but I think different people might have different days.

19. Hey had the same email to and apply for the uni accommodation :D

Bit of the pain the Mat' card situation for me because being from England and I was hoping to work right up until the Friday to move to Glasgow on the Sat to go to uni on the first day Monday.

Pushing it I know! but more money I can get on top of loans the better! lol

20. amysdad

Would they let you pick it up on the Friday? That way you're only losing one day's work, not two, and you're getting a bit more time to get settled in Glasgow before the course starts, and to find your way around the city (not that Glasgow's particularly complicated!)