1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

start date for strathclyde PGDE (primary)

Discussion in 'Scotland - prospective teachers' started by ajelle10, May 28, 2011.

1. does anyone know the start date for the PGDE (primary) course? I'm sure it's near the end of August but not sure what date? I'm hoping to book a holiday before we start as I'm sure it's going to be a hard (and exciting) year!

2. Last year we registered on Tue 24th and started on Mon 29th August...

3. its the 29th, and apparently its all an online registration this year, so we dont have to go anywhere the week before to register. Girl I do brownies with was told this from the staff at the uni.

4. Hi all,

Has anyone had anything sent from Strathclyde? Such as timetable, booklist, PVG forms, anything?? I thought we would have received something by now.

5. I haven't heard anything either. I gave the Uni a wee call this afternoon and the lady I spoke to said the information packs are still being made up and should be posted within the next few weeks. She also confirmed that the start date will be August 29th and that there will probably be online registration rather than having to go to the Uni in person as someone else has already stated. This hasn't been confirmed though so we will find out when the post arrives. I'm feeling impatient but at least we are all in the same boat [​IMG]

6. Honey Bear......
    Thanks for the post.....
    The info packs will have our timetables and book lists so good to know they're on there way!

7. Thank goodness I am not the only one thinking this! The people in the office must hate me, I have rang up 3 times to enquire about getting information, ''in due course'', can't wait to get it- will feel more real!

I am coming over from Northern Ireland in August to do the PGDE Primary, looking forward to meeting everyone :)

Judith

8. Had an email from someone in the office on Friday and she told me the packs were posted out on Friday, so exciting! :D

9. Hi,
    I too am starting the PGDE Primary course in August and to say im nervous and excited would be an understatement!
    I arrived home from work to find my information pack had arrived - its got a timetable, starter reading list and the PVG application form (we are liable for the cost of processing this - £59).
    Can't wait to start the course, and am looking forward to meeting all my fellow students!
    Fiona

10. Hi,
    I got my pack yesterday too. Does anyone know if we were meant to get our student number to get online in the pack?

Lisa

11. I think from what I read, our IT usernames etc will come via email at a later date.

I got a bit over excited and went on Amazon and bought all the books! The prices on amazon are equal to or less than the prices offered on the form, although probably not if you're buying the full bundle and can use the offer, but I already have a few of them so couldn't buy them as a bundle!