1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Starmer now more popular than Johnson

Discussion in 'Personal' started by red_observer, Jun 29, 2020 at 8:26 PM.

1. red_observer

red_observer Star commenter

I suppose can’t be hard but Keir has started well and long may it continue as The Liar bumbles around like the clever idiot he is. I still churn when I think of how labour voters put him in number 10.

nizebaby, WB, Jolly_Roger15 and 7 others like this.
  2. nomad

nomad Star commenter

The news does not surprise me!

ilovesooty and red_observer like this.
  3. red_observer

No I know I was stating the obvious but it has taken him time and he hasn’t always had it his one way. He’s a competent man, not sure if his vision yet, but seems down to earth. Even apologised this morning on gmb. As for the other idiot in number 10... dear me

4. ajrowing

ajrowing Lead commenter

The curious thing is typically in a time of national crisis people pull together and want to support the government.

red_observer likes this.
  5. red_observer

As did I at the start. But they really are a government of Ineptitude.

nizebaby, Morninglover and Alice K like this.
  6. gainly

gainly Star commenter

I think most people did at the start. As their lies and incompetence have become more and more blatant, people have stopped listening to them and done whatever they want.

coffeekid and Alice K like this.
  7. Yoda-

Yoda- Lead commenter

Keir needs to keep asking questions about the way we are being governed. I think his problems are more likely to come from his own party than the Tories.

8. hhhh

hhhh Lead commenter

I'd like Starmer to speak out against the planned school reopening-and the disgusting claim from the Ed Sec that parents will be fined for keeping their children safely at home. I saw BoJo pushing him on whether schools should be open-he needs to say clearly what he thinks, as Labour needs to give a clear alternative to the latest Tory plans.

9. Wilbur_Post

Wilbur_Post New commenter

At the end of the day, he has made one MASSIVE mistake and here it is:

[​IMG]

People in the 'red wall', pro-Brexit people.... what do you think they think, whenever they see this?

This picture will come back to haunt Kier Starmer - Dominic Cummings will probably have it has his computer wallpaper! to remind him to put it on a big poster in four and a half years time.

P.S. can someone help me out here - I caught a snippet on the radio earlier today saying the Government now have control over when the next election takes place. Did I dream that (I have been having some funny dreams recently) or has something happened to the fixed-term Parlaiment act that has gone under the RADAR?

lexus300 and Kandahar like this.
  10. Kandahar

Kandahar Star commenter

You only need to look back at 30 years of Labour rejecting their roots to realise why.

11. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Star commenter

It will be interesting to see if it's raised in PMQs .

12. burajda

burajda Star commenter

Many of the majorities in the old red wall are paper thin. Labour and BNP voters lent their votes to the Tories. Post Brexit, The Tories need to deliver real improvement, not just talk.
    Please tell us what pro Brexit people think about BLM. Many Black and ethnic minority people voted Leave in the North and Midlands.

ajrowing likes this.
  13. florian gassmann

florian gassmann Star commenter

Both the current Tory and Labour manifestos pledge the repeal of the Fixed Term Parliament Act. The PM has a legal duty to initiate a review the act this year and the review committee may well recommend repeal of the Act. I think its work started this month (which is probably what you heard on the radio) and its findings are due to be published in, I think, November.

Kandahar and Wilbur_Post like this.
  14. red_observer

Can’t disagree with that

Dragonlady30 and Kandahar like this.
  15. Wilbur_Post

I'm sure that is true, but many more non-BAME people (and older people) will have voted Brexit and I doubt very few of them are also pro-BLM. Most will be like my Dad, a retired Policeman by the way, who is absolutely livid with the whole movement and wokeness in general. He was hopping mad to see current police recently taking the knee before BLM protestors: trying to be oh so politically correct to show support to people who later attacked them! and who want to abolish the Police service. IT IS MADNESS!

Destroy capitalism, defund the Police, abolish the Police, close all Prisons.... I could go on.... & if Starmer (ex-attourney general) supports that and by 'taking a knee' it would suggest he does, Dominic Cummings will destroy him in 2024.

lexus300 likes this.
  16. jonnymarr

jonnymarr Occasional commenter

I would suggest you're making some odd assumptions about the majority of us good folk up here in the red/blue wall constituencies and our ability to make sense of what that image does and doesn't mean.

ajrowing, Thisistheone and JL48 like this.
  17. Morninglover

Morninglover Star commenter

By the time the double whammy of Covid 19 and a No Deal Brexit has hit the UK and worked its way through, even this chap (a Tory supporter in his day), may be more popular than Boris Johnson:

upload_2020-6-30_8-43-18.png

18. Kandahar

Kandahar Star commenter

It is probably best not to assume that all, or even "many", black and ethnic minorities are taken in by BLM.

lexus300 and George_Randle like this.
  19. Wilbur_Post

The bottom line is, I haven't seen any images of Boris Johnson down on one knee, in fact Dominic Raab specifically said he wouldn't (he slightly spoilt it by tweeting an apology about the Game of Thrones thing).

But Starmer and his deputy did it, Boris and his deputy didn't and I still say that one image will prove to be Starmer's bacon sandwich moment...

lexus300 and Kandahar like this.
  20. grahamfrost

grahamfrost New commenter

It doesn't seem to matter what the Tories do when they are in Government, they make promises before elections and then break them as soon as they are voted in again. I think it will be 2029 before Labour get in again, and it won't be with Starmer as leader.