1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Starmer is just fantastic. Marvellous. Beyond criticism. The BBC says so.

Discussion in 'Personal' started by frodo_magic, Sep 22, 2020.

1. frodo_magic

frodo_magic Occasional commenter

lexus300 likes this.
  2. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Star commenter Forum guide

Do you do this just to provoke arguments or do you really believe what you post?

There's no editorialising or commentary to that BBC link, just a news feed reporting what's being said at the Labour Party Conference.

When they do the same thing for the Conservative Party Conference next week and report what Conservative leaders say will you consider that the BBC is supporting the Conservatives?

I don't know why I ask really. You never engage in proper debate about your posts.

3. alex_teccy

alex_teccy Star commenter

You’re possibly correct, but as a thought experiment, would you have responded in quite the same way if this was a similar criticism of Boris?

josiee99 and lexus300 like this.
  4. Rott Weiler

Yes I would. I am happy to challenge posts that draw conclusions that are unsupported by the links posted without political fear or favour! :)

5. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

He is being sarcastic, I like that when examining political hypocrites like Starmer and biased media like the BBC.

alex_teccy likes this.
  6. Katzenjammer

Katzenjammer Senior commenter

7. emerald52

emerald52 Star commenter

Don’t feed the fol-de-rol!

vannie and chelsea2 like this.
  8. letap

letap Occasional commenter

This comment/section has been removed/edited for breaching our House Rules and/or Terms and Conditions. I can only assume birds of a feather.......

monicabilongame and ajrowing like this.
  9. frodo_magic

"Do you do this just to provoke arguments"

You do know this is a forum, don't you?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_forum

Why not just use the "Ignore this poster" function (top right, click on your avatar)? It sounds like the perfect tool for you, the perfect solution.

Hope this helps you deal with and come to terms with people posting on a forum.

Kandahar, alex_teccy and lexus300 like this.
  10. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

You assume much and know little.

Kandahar and alex_teccy like this.
  11. ajrowing

ajrowing Star commenter

Is he actually Boris then?

12. Katzenjammer

Having just watched the BBC 6 o'clock news I actually feel personally angered, Frodo_Magic, by your continual vapid, nasty and spiteful wittering about "BBC bias".

In a thirty minute broadcast, twenty minutes was devoted to the Prime Minister's Common's statement and local reactions to it from all over the UK in which no mention was made of local or national politics. Four minutes was then spent on the Labour Party conference, which consisted mainly of Mr Starmer delivering his keynote speech, with a one minute dismissal of it by Momentum tacked on the end. A further four minutes was devoted to the Manchester Arena bombings - heartbreaking, bringing tears to my eyes as I watched decent ordinary folk trying to make sense of the evilly indecent and extraordinary. This was followed by a return to the main story and then the weather forecast.

In short, thirty minutes of responsible public journalism with no hint of a political agenda on the part of the reporters, let alone any bias. This comment/section has been removed/edited for breaching our House Rules and/or Terms and Conditions.

13. frodo_magic

I don't understand what point you are making. There is a national crisis, and as you would expect, it was broadcast? I do agree with your comment about the Labour Party getting four minutes. That was far too much and shows BBC bias again as he had very little to say. I did read the "keynote" speech. You had to laugh when he started going on about how he'd negotiate a deal with the EU .......

Once a remainer always a remainer. He still doesn't get we've left already, and still doesn't get the EU are essentially trying to give the UK a punishment beating to make sure others don't leave, and they want to take us for as much as they can. Starmer The Weak would roll over and ask for his tummy to be tickled.

14. install

install Star commenter

I am with you on this one regarding the original post.

15. Kandahar

Kandahar Star commenter

He would be if he actually took the initiative and challenged government on matters such as the Channel illegal immigrants, and over authoritarianism approach to the covid crisis.

lexus300 likes this.
  16. frodo_magic

I don't think having over a thousand MPs and Lords in two chambers debating Covid responses hour by hour is going to help the crisis. We have a parliamentary democracy with an elected MPs system, and a small Government sitting at the top, making decisions however tough and unpopular. That is exactly what is needed right now.

If you don't like it, perhaps you could ask Labour to tone down their hard left policies, and actually get elected on a mandate that the majority of voters can stomach i.e. boot out the hard left element, ditch the excessive union influence, abandon anti-Semitism, accept private education, nationalisation etc, that kind of stuff.

lexus300 likes this.
  17. Katzenjammer

You are missing my point - either because you cannot understand it or because you cannot answer it. Either way life is too short to be bothered with your nonsense any more, particularly as you come off as a champion of truth, honesty and free speech, and run squealing to the moderators every time someone ruffles your hair. Two messages from the moderators this morning about "inappropriate behaviour" because of this; a pitiful performance on your part.

ajrowing likes this.
  18. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

They moderate all my posts, it might be that in moderating my reply to you, they saw how offensive you were? If you choose to insult people you should not be surprised when you get nailed for it. I should know:p

Kandahar likes this.
  19. Rott Weiler

Ignore you? Good heavens, why would I want to do that? I get my best laugh of the day from your posts and your increasingly frequent attempts to find anyone on TES who agrees with you about left wing media conspiracies! LoL.

And I'm still looking forward to you actually engaging in debate with me on any of your threads,

install, ajrowing and emerald52 like this.
  20. frodo_magic

You might be waiting a long time. I only post on the topic politely, ignore aggressive or impolite posters, and never respond to people who directly or indirectly attack a poster, call someone names, try to go off topic with silly comments etc. It's called 'discussion', and it's how you do it.

lexus300 likes this.