1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Starbucks; destroying Christmas one cup of naff, overpriced coffee at a time!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Orkrider2, Nov 10, 2015.

1. Orkrider2

Orkrider2 Star commenter

I'm surprised, no SHOCKED that there has been no post about the outrage that is Starbucks bowing to leftie PC pressure and ridding their take-away paper cups of snowflakes, ice skates, reindeer and other traditional Christian symbols and opting instead for a decidedly ungodly red ombre design. Obviously, this kind of disrespect for Jesus is just another indication that Western civilisation is under threat and about to crumble.
    Some disgruntled Christians are retaliating against the extreme oppression of their beliefs that is signified by the lack of religious iconography on a disposable cup, and are currently trolling Starbucks by ordering their pumpkin spiced lattes under the name Merry Christmas. Because everyone knows that the best way to protest against a company is by actively directing people to buy more of their products! Well done to them!
    Thank goodness for Donald Trump, who has come to the rescue and told the American public that if elected next year, he will be forcing everyone to say Merry Christmas, though when, how often and under what circumstances have not yet been specified. The more the better, I say!

2. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

Is it 'un ombre sincero?'

3. VanEyssen

VanEyssen Established commenter

Who cares? The only reaon to go to Starbucks is for free wifi, office space or meeting room. What they sell is irrelevant and better elsewhere.

aspensquiver likes this.
  4. irs1054

irs1054 Star commenter

And what have these symbols to do with christianity?

You do know that JC, if he existed at all, most probably was not born on Dec 25th. (The shepherds would definitely not be washing their socks) If he was born it was probably about Easter though there is no corroborative evidence of his existence let alone when he was born.

Dec 25th, as a festival, far pre-dates christianity. This is the nice thing about it.
    Christians can go to their services and the rest of us can:
    Put up a tree
    Put lights and decorations on it (with fairy on the top)
    Give each other presents
    Wake parents up at 4am
    Send each other cards
    Stuff ourselves with turkey
    Drink lots of booze
    Watch "The Great Escape" on TV
    Have family arguments
    Give cheerful greeting to people in passing (any wording will do) "Happy Yuletide" is probably most accurate.

All safe in the knowledge that none of it has anything to do with religion.:D

Or you can believe that it's all to do with religion. And then try to force everyone to believe the same.:mad:

Mangleworzle and kibosh like this.
  5. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

Starbuck's is another abomination and its coffee is like horse pi$s. Donald Trump is an abomination too.

6. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

I have a dream...
    That one day Starbucks will not be judged by the colour or their cups but by the horse pi$s inside them.

grumpydogwoman, Noja and rosievoice like this.
  7. cariadwch

cariadwch Established commenter

No complaints from Christians about a topless Siren with two tails on the cups though.
    Sirens from a pagan myth who seduced gullible sailors away from their families to certain death.
    Or seduced the gullible into sitting with their laptops at tiny tables to drink massively overpriced coffee and massively fattening other products heading for massively early onset diabetes and heart attacks.

8. cissy3

cissy3 Star commenter

@irs1054 I believe Orkrider was being tongue in cheek :D

knitone likes this.
  9. irs1054

irs1054 Star commenter

I think I only ever had a Starbucks once, and that was just so I could use their toilet. You had to purchase something and get a code to use the loo.

10. irs1054

irs1054 Star commenter

Yea, I look at a lot of american blogs.

Every year people like Bill O'Reilly(Fox News) rant against the "War on Christmas". What they actually mean is they don't like the idea of not being able to shove their own beliefs down everyone's throat.

You tend to develop a knee jerk reaction after a while.:rolleyes:

cissy3 likes this.
  11. VanEyssen

VanEyssen Established commenter

Wow. I have only tried the first so cant compare with certainty. Did you take it for menopause problems?

12. gooddays

gooddays Senior commenter

Si, de donde cresce la palma.

Lascarina likes this.
  13. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

I know coffee is a diuretic, but I didn't know Starbucks coffee worked that fast.

harsh-but-fair likes this.
  14. gooddays

gooddays Senior commenter

Si, de donde cresce la palma.

15. Flere-Imsaho

Flere-Imsaho Star commenter

Does this mean it is time for Christmas blend?
    Yay!

lanokia likes this.
  16. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

17. sparkleghirl

sparkleghirl Star commenter

I pity anyone whose Christmas can be spoiled by not having the right kind of paper cup to drink their coffee from.

harsh-but-fair and kibosh like this.
  18. Gsr25

Gsr25 Occasional commenter

Take your own resizable cup festooned with stickers reflecting the festive season and go to a coffee house that doesn't serve over priced, cold and bad tasting coffee...

19. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

upload_2015-11-11_9-29-4.png

Sorry - but I'm not sorry.

20. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

upload_2015-11-11_9-30-25.png

Perhaps this will be OK.