1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Standards Unit

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by mh3, Nov 1, 2011.

1. mh3

mh3

Thank you very much for all the responses. I do actually have the entire thing electronically, but to encourage use by other members of the dept I would love to have it as a tangible, proper resource.
    Can't get to York though, so unfortunately I'll have to make do with electronic ones.

2. DM

DM New commenter

[​IMG]

3. KYP

KYP New commenter

We have a number of copies at my college. I'm sure we could spare one. Where are you? Don't know how much it would cost to post one, as it's rather heavy!

4. I'd never seen these before and think some of the activities look interesting and useful. Could someone help and explain the "challenge level" part of the activities. I can guess, but can't find any explanation for these.

Thanks,
    bb

5. mmmmmaths

mmmmmaths New commenter

looking good, worth keeping. An eye on. Thanks for the link.

6. You are very welcome! It's going to be interesting to see how thoughts in education in the UK pan out. The move towards greater use of AfL and the work of QCA/Standards Unit/Swan/William have certainly had an impact in the schools I've worked in, not sure how widespread that is. I'm guessing that the current gov will be much less prescriptive than Labour...