1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Standards File - what to expect

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by catmar192, Feb 15, 2020.

1. catmar192

catmar192 New commenter

Hi all,

I'm new here!
    I am about to embark upon QTS through the TES institute and was hoping someone might be able to offer me some advice on the standards file requirements.

I completed my HLTA a year ago and have been used to gathering evidence against the standards.
    I guess I'm looking for some examples of what to produce.

Thanks in advance

2. marbles78

marbles78 New commenter

Hello - are you starting after half-term? I’m starting with the TES Institute in April so would be great to have a buddy to share the journey with. I also completed my HLTA last year so sounds like we’re in a similar position :)

I joined the Straight to Teaching Facebook group last night, which has lots of useful information and advice in. Definitely worth joining.

3. TeacherMan19

TeacherMan19 Occasional commenter

Use things that can meet several of the standards so you're not having to collect something for each one individually. Gosh I can't even remember what I used. It's so unimportant now

4. Stiltskin

Stiltskin Star commenter

Have a look at these to give you some ideas:
    https://www.e-portfolios.net/teachers_standards.php

It's easier to do this digitally. Create a cloud folder (e.g. Google drive) and put everything in there. Use a spreadsheet to track everything so there is the standards along the top and evidence down the side (linking to the correct document). Uses X's to mark what standard that evidence is used for.