1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Standardised reading test for comprehension and accuracy.

Discussion in 'Assessment' started by Lia, Jun 30, 2014.

1. Lia

Lia

Hi, I am currently studying for a masters in education. As part of my exam assignment I need to devise an intervention using a pre and post test design. I have been told I have to use a standardised test which must be an accurate measure of what I propose to implement, has to be feasible and I need to explain the scoring. Looking online I have found the York assessment, which tests reading comprehension and accuracy but it needs to be administered individually, taking 20-30 mins per person. I need to have 80-90 participants. So this time scale pre and post test would be unrealistic. Does anybody know of a standardised test for reading comprehension and accuracy/speed for year 1 that could be administered on a whole class basis or on the computer. Also needs to be one which has the scoring explained online! Many thanks.