1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Stage make up courses?

Discussion in 'Drama and performing arts' started by anon3946, May 20, 2011.

1. I did the make up for the school production this year and thoroughly enjoyed myself. I've got a background in beauty retail so found the basics quite easy and loved creating different looks for the characters. But I did ind a few bits more challenging- basically, we cast the most clear skinned boy as someone who needed LOTS of spots, which created a challenge (liquid latex and Rice Krispies was the end solution!) and I'd love to learn more about THAT side of things for future productions. I'll quite happily put myself through it- I know asking for it as CPD would be massively pushing my luck- so was just wondering if anyone knew of anything in the East Anglia-ish area for a fairly reasonable price?
    Many thanks in advance

2. DaisysLot

DaisysLot Senior commenter

Most further education college offer specific courses in make-up for television and theatre now - Usually NVQ or similar.

3. Thank you so much!