1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Staffroom wars

Discussion in 'Education news' started by Mooi3D, Nov 5, 2015.

1. Mooi3D

Mooi3D New commenter

How do you evade or avoid staffroom gossip? i tend to have colleagues confide in me about fellow colleagues during my school experience.

2. needabreak

needabreak Star commenter

Don't go to the staffroom.

3. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

Listen but don't repeat.
    [​IMG]

4. DaisysLot

DaisysLot Senior commenter

Leave the site and smoke.

5. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

If you dont share about anyone they soon ignore you as being not interesting.and beware of TA's.they can be friends...but they can drop you in it.

hermitcrabbe likes this.
  6. JohnJCazorla

JohnJCazorla Star commenter

I'm impressed that you have time to get to the staffroom! It's only the TAs who are careless time-keeping who can manage to get to ours.

7. phlogiston

phlogiston Star commenter

I was always the last to know anything...

8. Didactylos4

Didactylos4 Star commenter

I believe that the staffroom should be treated in the same manner as a prey species in a dry season treats an inviting waterhole.
    The water may be inviting but to rush in and drink without care can lead to unfortunate and sometimes fatal encounters with the local predators

9. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Was at a school yesterday and over lunch in the staffroom I saw three older [probably only 5 yrs old than me if truthful] sat chatting like the old days plus small groups of younger women popping in, eating quickly and rushing out.

It was an Academy.