1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Staffroom attraction!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Cocoa, Jun 7, 2006.

1. I've fallen well and truly for my Head of Department.

Kids told me ages ago that he likes me and they teased him about me and he went all red. I know its common for them to say that about staff. But before this I had a good idea he liked me ages ago by way he was around me and things he said. But I was so shy I didn't respond. Now he is quiet and think he feels daft and/or embarassed.

Couple of staff have since said he likes me too.

Is single like me, looking for somebody but cannot get him out of my head. No man has ever had this affect before.

I am so shy, just clam up when he comes near me. Haven't told ANYBODY at work how I feel. That would be SO UNPROFESSIONAL.

Colleagues who have been there years say he is really shy person.

Please help!!!!!

2. I've fallen well and truly for my Head of Department.

Kids told me ages ago that he likes me and they teased him about me and he went all red. I know its common for them to say that about staff. But before this I had a good idea he liked me ages ago by way he was around me and things he said. But I was so shy I didn't respond. Now he is quiet and think he feels daft and/or embarassed.

Couple of staff have since said he likes me too.

Is single like me, looking for somebody but cannot get him out of my head. No man has ever had this affect before.

I am so shy, just clam up when he comes near me. Haven't told ANYBODY at work how I feel. That would be SO UNPROFESSIONAL.

Colleagues who have been there years say he is really shy person.

Please help!!!!!

3. EmmaBB

EmmaBB New commenter

Ask him if he wants to go for a drink in the pub after school Friday.

Go for it!

4. silkywave

silkywave Occasional commenter

well ask to have lunchtime meetings to discuss SOW, anything! get chatting!

5. Thanks for responses.

He often asks for lunchtime meetings with me. But all he wants too talk about is SOW and Pupil Targets.

I am so shy; I don't think I could manage too say that without blushing. But I am going to have too conjure up the guts. My stomach is in knots already!

Each time I speak too him; and were laughing. I walk away and think damn that was the perfect opportunity. Why didn't I just say something?!?!

6. Ask him out for a drink on Friday after school!

7. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Lead commenter

Think carefully. Things could get very messy if you form a relationship and it doesn't work out. He's also presumably your line manager, so it might be difficult professionally.

8. Don't dip your pen in the company ink! ;-)

Think carefully before acting!

9. "He often asks for lunchtime meetings with me. But all he wants too talk about is SOW and Pupil Targets."

Which may mean he is just desperate to be around you!

tread carefully but your only both human

10. He makes me laugh and started sitting next too me in the staffroom. We all have set seats you see. When he moved the gossips began but we get so engrt ofossed in conversation I dont notice their comments. I never came over too his seat as he sits with a big gang of mates. Whereas I sit in a quieter bit.

I only on a supply contract so only going to be there till end of July. So he not my line manager as such.

Flirting and body language. I havent got a clue about. So will have too ask him outright tommorow morning. Just feel so nervous already wont sleep a wink! And hope he doesnt reject me there and then.

Thanks!

11. Hope it goes oK!!!

12. sagramor

sagramor New commenter

I'm a HoD and fell for my NQT 2 yrs ago. We marry in 8 weeks and split the professional/personal life quite well.
    Go for it.

13. miz

miz

Go for it - and let us know how you get on asap

14. I was worried by the first few posts, thinking he was your permanent line manager - as someone else said, it could get messy. But if you'll be leaving in a month, that's not really a problem. Sounds like you're both quite shy. Maybe you leaving would give you a good excuse to get together socially - if nothing happens before then.

Hope it works out!

15. What about the next time you have a meeting with him telling him you're really grateful for the help he's given you... could you buy him a drink to say thanks???

Good luck!!

16. In response to Cocoa - I am in the staff room with a couple of my collegues and we just wanted to say...GO FOR IT! Lifes too short! I can understand why people may have concerns about relationships at work but why is it different to any other 'office romance'.
    The Head of PE in our school starting seeing a member of staff from their department in September 2004. They are now engaged and have a beautiful baby boy! Fast work but they are both really happy and there has never been a problem with the personal/ work divide.
    Cocoa - If you are not even at the school long term there really is no reason to hold back. Live dangerously! (That is a unanimous decision by the way..and other people have joined the debate!)

17. Go for it - I'm such a hypocrite as I'm STILL farting around with regard to HIM. We're also both quite shy (when it comes to roamntic things) so we have the cosy chats and then sidle off without biting the bullet. I've decided that if he doesn't make a move by mid-July I'll say something (or chicken out and write a note!!) and if he doesn't bite (!!!) then he won't have a FUN summer with me.

18. Geared myself up too say something and I didn't get the chance. Because I came in late. At break time I walked really slowly too the staffroom; in the hope he'd catch me up as he normally does (with none of the pupils around) so we can have a long chat before getting to the staffroom.

My Line Manager can be a bit 'hot-headed' at times and get stressed very easily. So I knew I had too pick the right time to say something to guarantee a good response.

I got to the staffroom and he wasnt there. Apparently he felt sick and went home with a stomach bug just after registration. :( I just wanted too cry. So probably wont be in tommorow then!!

I know the guy is really shy and doesn't say alot. And I'm really pally with his best friend so I said Id heard rumours his mate has his eye on me and asked him to find out for me whether rumours were true. I said I didnt like his mate; just wanted too know too set my mind at rest that it wasnt. I trust the guy; I know he'll be subtle.

Perhaps, I should wait and see what his mate can suss out.

Then found out today; I maybe staying for up to 2 years. So that made me think twice!

But I understand what the previous poster said about not biting the bullet. Is so hard!

Thanks for the advice. Will let you know how I get on.

19. Send him a get well text!

20. notsure

notsure New commenter

Ask him if he wants to start practising for Fathers Day.

Only kidding. Ask if fancy meeting Sat lunchtime for a coffee for an hour, then alcohol wont get in the way.

Be yourself, you sound a genuine person so if things dont work out their shouldnt be a problem and if they do work out thats great news.

Keep us posted.