1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Staff skills audit for Music KS1 & KS2 Teacher

Discussion in 'Music' started by sarahfenwick, Feb 18, 2011.

1. I have been asked as part of my subject leadership of Music to undertake a staff music skills audit - but I don't really know where to start.

Has anyone done this before? Or have an example that you are willing to share? I have already searched the internet but have not found any examples.

Thanks in advance

2. I have been asked as part of my subject leadership of Music to undertake a staff music skills audit - but I don't really know where to start.

Has anyone done this before? Or have an example that you are willing to share? I have already searched the internet but have not found any examples.

Thanks in advance

3. v12

v12

A simple questionnaire to all staff to establish whether they:

Sing in tune
    Play the piano/guitar/an instrument
    Are confident enough to teach songs to their class
    Understand varying degrees of musical notation

You could pad it out with many similar questions - or expand each main question to establish specific levels of competency.
    Hope this helps

4. Alphaalpha

Alphaalpha New commenter

Gosh - no reference to a first inversion on the flattened super tonic?

5. v12

v12

Why should there be in an audit of staff skills?
    Or is this some oblique reference to ice cream, the point of which I've simply missed?

6. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

I wonder if this document might be of some help? It is a very broad audit of a music department, but might give you some ideas.
    www.deseducation.org/do_download.asp?did=2140
    <font color="#767676">I hope this helps.</font>

7. I've got to audit staff skills to see how confident they are in teaching Music so that I can provide CPD training opportunities.

8. Thank you! It's just good to have a look through a document someone else has created to give me an idea of where to start!

9. paulalandon

paulalandon New commenter

I've just been asked to do this too. Can you point me in the right direction please?