1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

staff room treats

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by Binkythehouseelf, Jun 29, 2012.

1. I officially start my journey into teaching on Monday as I start my pre-uni placements.
    All the advice aimed at new teachers sugests bringing treats for the staff room ( and my own mug [​IMG] ). What do you recommend? I was thinking brownies and flapjacks. Any other ideas?
    Binky

2. A big smile![​IMG]

3. nick909

nick909 Star commenter

Hahaha! This has really tickled me. How poorly does this reflect on us teachers?! [​IMG]
    Binky, you don't need to do these things but I have to say you'd win me over if you arrived at work at our staffroom on any given Monday with flapjacks and brownies.
    Especially at this end of the school year, everyone is running around like a lunatic with thousands of things to get done before the holidays so under usual circumstances, a pre-uni student often wouldn't even be noticed (no offence!) but this is a good way to get on good terms with everyone from the start and a fine idea. I'm sure everyone would be most impressed.
    Don't go to any mad lengths though - flapjacks and/or brownies would be more than fine.