1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Staff panto

Discussion in 'Primary' started by bonniconni, Oct 29, 2019.

1. bonniconni

bonniconni New commenter

Does anyone have any suggestions for a ready-written panto script that staff can perform to the school ? I don't want a full blown lights, scenery, bells and whistles performance but do want it to be more special than just a normal assembly and I think some of our staff would really enjoy this (and the children too!)

2. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

No, no and thrice no!
    Some of your staff might enjoy it, but some might hate every second of it.

Pomza and (deleted member) like this.
  3. bonniconni

bonniconni New commenter

I agree - that is why I said "some". Those that would enjoy it will rise to it - those who wouldn't don't have to take part. The idea came from the staff - I am just looking for a script!

deeone and TheBigPickle like this.
  4. sparklepig2002

sparklepig2002 Star commenter

A good few years ago we did a version of Cinderella. I dont still have the script, but the head wrote it. He and the caretaker were the ugly sisters. The children loved it.

sunshineneeded likes this.
  5. sunshineneeded

sunshineneeded Lead commenter

Likewise, Sparklepig2002 - quite a few years ago, we did the same. We didn't even have a script … everyone knew the story, so we allocated parts, had one rehearsal when we all ad-libbed, decided it was OK and performed it the following day. I'm sure it was pretty awful, but the children loved it.

6. lardylady

lardylady Star commenter

Are you sure all the children will love it? As a child, I hated seeing teachers doing this sort of thing. It just made me cringe.

PGCE_tutor, summlard and Pomza like this.
  7. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

As long as those not taking part aren't made to feel bad, intentionally or not, then have a great time!

Pomza likes this.
  8. ViolaClef

ViolaClef Lead commenter

If it’s going to be amusing for the right reasons, you’ll need to make any ‘script’ personal to your school.
    The idea of improvising sounds promising - people don’t have lines to learn then either. Certain phrases, jokes or events can be agreed upon at various points.
    Why not try this? Bring a rough outline of scenes to the first rehearsal and let everyone improvise and put in their ideas. Could be quite fun to create it together?

9. sparklepig2002

sparklepig2002 Star commenter

Personally, it would have been my worst nightmare. But, I got out of "acting" as they sang some songs and I took refuge behind the piano. Well.. someone had to sacrifice their acting debut and offer to be the accompanist! :D. I'm fairly sure most of the children enjoyed it due to the laughter and excitement in the hall.
    When I was at secondary school the teachers did a panto. It was a great hit!

10. Over_the_hill

Over_the_hill Star commenter

86680C48-B12B-4E05-8B10-D7C70135C4F7.jpeg My idea of hell personally, but I’m sure many will love it!