1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

St Patrick's Day

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by 1Elmer, Feb 25, 2011.

1. I have got to do an assembly to Reception and Year 1 in a couple of weeks. Has anyone any ideas how I can do this in an interactive way? Our children are very fidgety and chatty during assembly.

Thank you

2. I have got to do an assembly to Reception and Year 1 in a couple of weeks. Has anyone any ideas how I can do this in an interactive way? Our children are very fidgety and chatty during assembly.

Thank you

3. I don't have any fantastic ideas! I just feel sorry nobody has responded. If some children come with bunches of shamrock you could get them to stand up and show and talk about where it came from (usually sent in a package from Ireland). Then you could point out the three leaves on the shamrock and recall that St Patrick allegedly used it to represent the three persons in one God. Can the children think of other sets of three - triangle, triplets, tricycle, then about things that come in twos, or fours. Also St Patrick is supposed to have banished snakes from Ireland, so maybe you could build a bit of a role play around that. Good luck!

4. inky

inky Lead commenter

Are you a Catholic school? If you're not, I'd question why you're being asked to do the assembly at all.

5. Msz

Msz Established commenter

We aren't a church school but we celebrate the national Saints days ...don't forget St David on Tuesday !