1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

SRE in lockdown

Discussion in 'PSHE' started by xtremegingerwarrior, Jun 4, 2020.

1. xtremegingerwarrior

xtremegingerwarrior New commenter

Hello,

I teach in year 6. Currently, about half the year group are in for 2 days a week while the rest of the year group are still learning from home full time. We use Google Classroom to deliver our on-line learning. I am currently trying to get my head around delivering any sort of SRE teaching for children learning at home. So much of the information and learning is delivered through discussions and questions, often asked anonymously. I currently can't see a way to facilitate that using google classroom for the children at home. Does anyone have any tips or suggestions?

2. frustum

frustum Star commenter

I've been pondering the fact that the biggest reasons for getting year 6 back in are (1) closure) and (2) that the SRE is very difficult to cover properly any other way. I reckon it would have been most sensible just to declare that all other year groups finish a week before the end of term, and get the whole of year 6 back in at that point, with one "online" bubble to cater for any who are shielding (unless you can get them video-linked in or something).

Can you have any sort of postbox where kids can drop off questions whilst taking their daily exercise?
    Does google classroom allow working on a shared document - could that provide a space for anonymous questions?