1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

SQA results day 2019: what will be the trends for this year’s Scottish exams?

Discussion in 'Scotland - education news' started by TES_Rosaline, Aug 6, 2019.

1. BillyBobJoe

BillyBobJoe Established commenter

What bugs me about this nonsense is that I'm no fan of CfE, and can find plenty to criticise about the new qualifications, yet I can't help but notice the egregious flaws in everything gnulinux posts. I think the most damning indictment of CfE is not that it has led to educational armageddon but that, for all the sound and fury, it has made precious little difference to either the actual skills and knowledge or the formal qualifications of school leavers.

Effinbankers and bigjimmy2 like this.
  2. bigjimmy2

bigjimmy2 Established commenter

Couldn't agree more, BBJ. "Egregious flaws in everything gnulinux posts" is a rather diplomatic way of putting it.

CfE is a disaster and the only folk you'll find defending it are the like of those who write for the GTCS magazine, Teaching Scotland.

The gnu posted basically the same message on the SNP thread for years and is merely keeping this going on any available alternative (his latest link was to an article written in April btw so he's coming up to date fast). He'd be as well just posting "SNP bad" every single time, he'd get some credibility that way.

Effinbankers likes this.
  3. gnulinux

gnulinux Occasional commenter

https://www.tes.com/news/what-are-most-popular-subjects-scotland

Er ... not at all egregious - although I see you have discovered a new word!!!

It would be interesting to see your analysis of the article on subject popularity. I won't be holding my breath however. As I have already said ... Hard subjects out, Easy subjects in.

bigjimmy2 likes this.
  4. bigjimmy2

bigjimmy2 Established commenter

"SNP bad".