1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

SQA exams

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by garyth123, Feb 15, 2017.

1. garyth123

garyth123 New commenter

Would anyone know how to find out the % of A grade passes in Mathematics at National 5, Higher, and Advanced Higher from candidates presented by fee paying schools?

I have tried asking the SQA and they say that they don't aggregate attainment figures by centre type.

There were 5811 A grade passes in Higher Maths last year, how many of these were candidates from fee paying schools?

Or can anyone make an estimate, somehow.

I'd just like to know.

2. BillyBobJoe

BillyBobJoe Established commenter

If you have access to Insight, you can get an estimate of percentages for state schools (the relevant section would be Local Course Measure: Attainment in Selected Graded Course - Percentage of Resulted Entries). The SQA results statistics do, if memory serves, break down the results into schools vs colleges. Putting those two data sets together ought to give you the answers you're looking for. I think Insight data is considered confidential otherwise I'd post the relevant figures.