1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Springboard Maths

Discussion in 'Primary' started by susanrk, Nov 9, 2017.

1. susanrk

susanrk New commenter

Has anyone found a cheap replacement for this as a Maths intervention for small groups at KS2 who have gaps but not significant barriers to learning?

2. TEA2111

TEA2111 Established commenter

I haven't used it personally, but our school uses Numicon for intervention.

3. Maths_Shed

Maths_Shed Occasional commenter

May I ask why you would need to replace the Springboards? Aren't they still as valid as they were in the first place?

4. emmat34

emmat34 New commenter

They don't quite fit the mark now the maths bar has been made higher. Bits are fine - I think the OP was looking for something that is fit for the new curriculum - and you don't need to jump around the year groups - esp. for fractions. There appears to be not a lot out there. The Numicon programme is great but I haven't seen it working in yr6. It seems to be ace for LKS2 and below. I would love someone to point me in the right direction too.

5. Maths_Shed

So would springboard 7 be more appropriate for KS2?

emmat34 likes this.
  6. Maths_Shed

If the bar has been raised you may want to consider looking at these books, they are produced for KS3 and above but are written by the authors of Springboard 7 with low attainers in mind. The "easiest" of the Y7 books may be appropriate. http://www.mathsisjugglers.com/

7. emmat34

emmat34 New commenter

Thank you Maths-Shed - a great link - and yes, you are correct, Springboard 7 for fractions looks like the thing - I haven't looked at much else in S7 yet. Thank you so much for pointing me in the right direction. :)

Maths_Shed likes this.
  8. susanrk

susanrk New commenter

Thank you for your responses. I'm still looking for suitable materials for all year groups in KS2. I'm sure parts of Springboard are still relevant but the new curriculum means changes have happened too.

9. Maths_Shed

If you could be more specific on the type of resource you need and the topics, I'm sure there are many resource makers who could provide bespoke resources and make them available in the resources section for a nominal fee. You currently choose from resources made by others for themselves or what they think others will pay for. Bespoke resources could benefit all.

10. Maths_Shed

11. susanrk

susanrk New commenter

Thank you so much Maths_Shed. I'll find out what staff require and get back to you. You're very kind.