1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Spring thread ....from this window I can see.....

Discussion in 'Personal' started by hazeymazey, Apr 11, 2012.

1. hazeymazey

hazeymazey New commenter

I think i'm turning into a garden lover more as i get a bit older (only a bit mind you). This is what I can see from this window
    Rhubarb (it's been in a couple of years so I can pick it this year??)
    Blueberry bush
    Clematis - 3
    Weeds
    Cherry tree
    A lot of Ivy all over our fence
    My son's gardening tools strewn about
    Strawberry plants - 2
    A climbing frame

2. marymoocow

marymoocow Star commenter

Lots of horny birds. When will that wood pigeon get that she isn't interested?
    Blackbirds collecting mouthfuls of worms. They are on their first nest of the year. Last year they had 3 lots of babies always in the same nest/bush.
    Dandilions.....lots and lots of dandilions.[​IMG]
    A distinct lack of any flowers. Guess I am going to be spending a lot at the garden centre today to brighten up my garden.

3. smoothnewt

smoothnewt Lead commenter

My little foxy friend doing his morning rounds looking for food (he eats the seed I put down for the birds). I am sitting 2 feet from the patio doors and he has just been peering in through the glass.

4. hazeymazey

hazeymazey New commenter

We have a nesting blackbirds hopping about too but not seen them today...probably because my old pusscat is basking in the sun on the edge of the raised bed. Fave spot. Somehow I never really want to move the toys and garden things the children play with - I like to see them where they leave them. Sad huh! Yes it is bright and sunny out so may mean a trip to garden centre here too.

5. Grass that needs cutting, grape hyancinths, daffodils, primroses, croci, blossom on trees, ducks, chickens and my cat doing aeronautic stunts trying to catch bugs. Perfect!

6. Is it almost the time of year frogs start to mate as well? I am seeing a lot of frogs at the moment.

7. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

I too can see grass which needs cutting.
    Hosts of daffodils, some grape hyacinths but croci long gone. Camelia bushes still blooming, even the Choisya has some buds! plum blossom out, but pear and apples still only in bud. wonderful primroses in their pots along with Helleboresand Cyclamen.
    Very fat pigeons and our regular Wren and 'Bobby Robin', occasionally some blue **** and blackbirds.
    No sign of squirrels this year though! But evidence of badgers,by the loose bits of grass where they've tried to scrape up some bugs/worms.
    So all in all, a garden showing us 'Spring is sprung' and Summer is on it's way!

8. Gardening Leaves

Gardening Leaves New commenter

Three magnolia stellata in flower, one just going over. The end of the camellias in paint box colours and the azaleas just starting to take over. Busy birds collecting nesting material and a pair of nuthatches flying back and forth to the feeder for breakfast.

9. henriette

henriette New commenter

I don't have a window where I am [​IMG]
    ... but from the kitchen I can see:
    • recently mown grass
    • a pile of branches recently cut off a laurel tree which need getting rid of
    • red tulips
    • purple grape hyacinths
    • coral coloured blossom on next door's quince tree
    • lilac on next door's tree
    • ...that my twisted willow has grown again and must be approaching 15ft high now: I love the way it swishes in the breeze
    • the rabbit bouncing around in his run; the cat sitting of top of the run
    • kites swooping low to check for food (there was one below the tree line just now)
    • sun
    • blue sky
    • the next door neighbour's washing

10. EcoLady

EcoLady New commenter

Green buds bursting on my apple tree and the first signs of the pink blossom to come.
    New growth on the raspbery canes
    Blue flowers all over the rosemary bush
    Fresh green shoots on the lavendar
    Dark green & bright yellow leaves on the varigated marjoram
    Seedlings in son's sunflower pots
    Dark red buds on the azalea
    The biggest dandelion ever, with 5 flowers
    Pair of blackbirds stuffing their beaks with worms
    Bird feeders that need refilling

11. primarycat

primarycat Established commenter

It's all sounding very lovely out there! Out of the front I can see the neighbour's skip, but the back has a pink camellia and some bluebells coming.

12. cissy3

cissy3 Star commenter

They already have, in my neck of the woods. Small garden pond full of frogspawn.
    I love my frogs!

13. tartetatin

tartetatin New commenter

I see my beautiful, pale coloured garden tiles which seemed like such a good, practical idea at the time ... but are now looking decidedly 'ground-in mucky'. [​IMG]
    Think we'll have to borrow brother in law's power washer ...

14. Beyond the gothic pallisades of the patio I see the lawn sweeping down to the lake and surrounding woodland.

15. henriette

henriette New commenter

better not in you are in a hosepipe ban area

16. tartetatin

tartetatin New commenter

Ooh, didn't think of that. I'll look into it - thanks. Hopefully Scotland will be unaffected [​IMG]

17. Long tailed ****, blue **** and goldfinches at the feeders; crabapple just about to burst into blossom; blackthorn in flower in the hedgerows.

18. marymoocow

marymoocow Star commenter

Well been and bought my plants, but now it's raining![​IMG]

19. Wow! You could be in my garden* - except the rabbit, the cat, and the sunshine. Oh and I've got a quince bush flowering with lovely coral/salmon pinky flowers and some camelias in a tub and lots of primroses.

* actually it's all Mrs.Dekka's handiwork. I just cut the grass now and then. And with regard to the sun I bought a water butt at the weekend; damn thing is full to overflowing already!