1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Spring Term Schemes from White Rose Maths Hub

Discussion in 'Primary' started by WRMaths, Dec 17, 2015.

1. WRMaths

WRMaths New commenter

Just in case you were not aware we have today released the spring term schemes of learning.

Can I say a massive thank you to everyone for their comments and support of the work of the Maths Hub? We are really pleased to hear that the work we are doing is having some impact in the classroom.

Merry Christmas to everyone.

2. zoltonfernandez

zoltonfernandez New commenter

Can you please tell me where to find the link so that I can get organised for next term.

3. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

Thank you so much for all your work.

My class told me today that the tests (progress checks) were the nicest they had ever done.
    (Yeah I have turned them into weird freaky mathematicians, but let's not worry about that!)
    This could be because I told them it was a test of how well I had taught them, not a test of how good at maths they are, and that I'd not tell them any marks because the marks didn't matter and would be a secret between the DH and me because it was a test of my teaching.

squashball likes this.
  4. lrw22

lrw22 Senior commenter

Thanks. They're really useful.

5. squashball

squashball Occasional commenter

My year 1s started their assessments last week - and I'm doing them in small groups diagnostically to assess my own teaching as well as their understanding - as is caterpillartobutterfly above. They are bang on the money - thank you so much White Rose.
    Just one nitpickety thing: we have one question which is "circle the pyramid" (assorted shapes to choose from) - mine just don't understand the instruction. Last year children were asked to "circle the sphere" - this has caused untold confusion too. Just for all my EAL 5 year olds, can this be amended to "TICK the pyramid/sphere" ??

Mind you, I have had children do very strange things in tests before, so maybe they just have to learn. Hilariously last Autumn there was a number line with A and B marked. Children were asked to write B in words - meaning the number - but this was not obvious to some of my bunnies, who wrote B in words: BEEEEE. Love Year 1.

6. caterpillartobutterfly

:D:D:D:D:D

7. slg37

slg37 New commenter

Where can these be found please. I've not had any luck searching for them.

Thanks

8. caterpillartobutterfly

Search for WRMaths in the resources section on here.
    Then on the right sort the results by date added, with the newest first.

9. RepelloInimicum

RepelloInimicum Lead commenter

10. Camokidmommy

Camokidmommy Established commenter

For the mixed age plans, I use their Twitter account where they have put a hyperlink. It's the easiest way I've found to get them.

11. hotchoc6

hotchoc6 Occasional commenter

Can someone paste the links on here for White Rose planning for the Autumn Term please. I have tried looking for them in the resources section but cannot bring them up. They would be good to have as reference materials.

Thank you for your help.

12. hotchoc6

hotchoc6 Occasional commenter

Is there any White Rose Planning for Fractions and Decimals for the Spring Term?

13. RepelloInimicum

RepelloInimicum Lead commenter

14. caterpillartobutterfly

Look at this link for the spring blocks 1 and 2, not sure which one is F&D, depends on the year group you want.

Scroll down (page 2 for me) to find the autumn term plans.

Ignore all the bits which say they are to do with WR, but are not. The front covers are clearly WR plans/assessments or not.

15. Over_the_hill

Over_the_hill Star commenter

Can anyone help please? I have the White Rose document called Year 1 Mastery Overview Autumn, it has green colouring and at the footer it says (c)Trinity Academy Halifax 2015. Does anyone know where I can find the same Year 1 Mastery Overview document for Spring, please?

16. caterpillartobutterfly

All the links above have the more up to date plans. The older ones, which you have, are no longer available.
    If you google you might find a school which has them on their website or similar.

17. Over_the_hill

Over_the_hill Star commenter

Thanks. I suspected they were obsolete.

18. gillypearson

gillypearson New commenter

Hi all
    I'm using these plans, which are fairly good in principle but can anyone explain to me how to use them practically? How do you get rid of the answers, for example, if you print out the questions? Please could you produce copies of questions without guidance or answers white rose. Would be appreciated as I don't know how to delete them in edit and haven't got the software to do so.

19. caterpillartobutterfly

@gillypearson you can use the snipping tool (type it in to the search box on the task bar) and snip and paste the questions if you want to use them in that way. The plans are not meant to be worksheets to be handed out to pupils to work on.

I sometimes snip them and make a handout, but not often.
    I often snip and paste to notebook to make a discussion as input for the lesson.
    Or I read/describe the question orally and we discuss it/children work on it.

20. emmat34

emmat34 New commenter

Is it this one? https://www.dropbox.com/sh/m8cffya8...+-+Autumn-+Mastery+More+Detail+SOL+-+2016.pdf