1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

spring roll recipe?

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by chalkie_bunny, Jan 13, 2011.

1. Hi
    Just wondering if anyone has a treid and tested spring roll recipe they have used with children?
    I have done a quick search and think filo pasrty is the way to go and will mean it can be baked rather than fried.
    Just need to find something simple for the filling - any ideas?

2. Hi
    Just wondering if anyone has a treid and tested spring roll recipe they have used with children?
    I have done a quick search and think filo pasrty is the way to go and will mean it can be baked rather than fried.
    Just need to find something simple for the filling - any ideas?

3. I made fabulous spring rolls as follows:
    wonton skins (available from asian food stores in packs of 50 for about £1.25)
    a variety of shredded or grated vegetables including:
    carrot, peppers, beansprouts, baby corn, mangetout (you can put in canned corn and frozen peas if you like)
    finely shredded ginger and garlic (only let them puit in a little!)
    The children chose what they liked, put it into a small bowl and added a small splash of soy sauce (adds flavour and helps the veg to steam)
    Put a teaspoon of the mix onto the wonton skin and wrap up. There is a 'proper' way to do this, but it doesn't make much difference really. For info, you place the skin with a corner pointing towards you, place the filling towards that corner, fold that corner over the filling, fold the right and left corners in, then roll up. Use a finger-dab of water to seal the edge.
    Place on a baking tray, with the join on the bottom, brush with a little oil and bake at about 180 degreesC for about 10 mins.
    Fantastic!