1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Spring Job Fair

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by mjcostello, Mar 17, 2011.

1. I attended the Search Recruitment Fair in London in February. While it is convenient to stay in the hotel recommended it is not necessary if you can get a room for half the price a bus journey away.

2. MisterMaker

MisterMaker Occasional commenter

What is your subject?

3. If you're going to the Search fair I recommend the Star Hotel on Shepherd's Bush Road. It's a ten minute walk from the Novotel, has clean rooms, free internet and a decent breakfast, all for well under half what you'd pay at the Novotel.
    www.star-hotel.net
    Attending a fair is a gamble, but not attending might be an even bigger gamble.

4. Training_2_Teach

Training_2_Teach New commenter

Did you stay for the entire three days or did you leave and come back when it was your interview time? I will be accompanied with a friend who may be bored if I'm expected to stay all day.

Sel thanks for the hotel link, is there hotels cheaper than that?

The fair looks promising, we get to meet the schools and interview all in one go that way it'll be less nerve wrecking!