1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Spotting in early pregnancy - help please!

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by Mrs Music, May 11, 2011.

1. Mrs Music

Mrs Music New commenter

I had light spotting for about a week at around 3 weeks I think. Now have a 21 month old! Best of luck xx

2. reddevil

reddevil New commenter

Hi
    I don't have much advice to offer you but wanted to say congratulations on your pregnancy. I think we both had ectopics at the same time last year as I seem to remember you from then? Hope all goes well with your scan tomorrow.

3. I had spotting and a lot of fresh blood at about 5 weeks, went on to have a normal and healthy pregnancy and have a lovely 8 month old boy. Try and rest and stay away from google!
    x

4. These early weeks are so nerve-wracking, especially since you had such a difficult experience last time. Hope your scan goes well x

5. Thanks for all your reassuring messages! Only a few more hours to wait before I get some answers. I haven't had any spotting since Tuesday but for the past couple of hours I have been having odd poking sensations internally a few inches below my belly button. I don't think it is scar tissue from my ectopic keyhole surgery as it is too low. It isn't cramping but it can be quite sharp and I have to catch my breath. Has anyone else experienced this? Thank you xxx
    PS - Reddevil, my ectopic pregnancy was in November and I have just about got my head around it all. Did you have surgery too? I hope you are recovering well xxx

6. Great news today! We saw the gestational sac, yolk sac, fetal pole/embryo and heartbeat!! All on track for 5+5 and going back in two weeks to assess development. I am SO happy and very grateful for all your reassurance, ladies. The sonographer could not see the cause or origin of my bleeding but told me that it is common and not to worry if it happens again. I will be returning to work tomorrow and will rub my belly ALL DAY [​IMG]

Reddevil, sorry that I can't remember. I was very traumatised and depressed for months afterwards. I only returned to school in March. Are you trying to conceive at the moment? Ectopic pregnancies are absolutely horrendous and I am so glad that they have ruled it out for me this time. Thinking of you xxx

7. reddevil

reddevil New commenter

That's brilliant news, you must be so relieved! No problem that you don't remember...you were obviously not with it at the time [​IMG] Nearly ready to start TTC again as it's only been the last couple of months that my body feels fully healed.I wasn't as badly affected as you as I already have a 3 year old and I knew after doing the test that things weren't right.Went back to work after 2 weeks as advised by hospital, which with hindsight was too soon I think, I could have done with a bit more rest as it's taken a long time to feel right again. Again, many congrats x

8. Lovely news, try to chill a little now and look afte
    r yourself.