1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Spotlight tool on smartboard

Discussion in 'Primary' started by minnieminx, May 6, 2012.

1. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Hmmmm get that...KS1 though for me.

Anything literacy linked anyone?

2. Vanadesse

Vanadesse New commenter

You can do the same with pictures. What is it? What can we know about it? What story do you think this is? That kind of thing, I don't use it very often though to be honest.

3. ~It's very useful for reading pictures, storytelling using a photograph as a stimulus, thinking skills activities to predict and reason, odd one out, number patterns etc

4. Ok, thinking on my feet here.
    You could use it to look at parts of letters to see the connections between say how an a, c and d are formed.
    Focus in on the last word in a sentence, and the beginning word of the next sentence and guess what the two sentences could be? This would work with a question too.
    Look at a letter pattern and guess what the word is, gradually revealing a bit more of the word.

5. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Excellent, thank you.

Hadn't thought about thinking skills ideas...will be great in registration time as well.

Thank you, more always welcome as well.