1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Sports Fun Day Certificates

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by Deso, May 13, 2010.

1. Our school this year is holding a fun based sports day instead of the usual sprints etc. We would like to present all the children in the school with a " I took part in the fun day" certificate. Does anyone know where I can download a simple certificate that would suit our purpose. Thank you.

2. Doitforfree

Doitforfree Lead commenter

Is it really necessary to give a certificate for participating in something which is fun? Where would you draw the line? Will certificates be given out for participating in playtime next? I'm sorry, I don't mean to be unkind, but the explosion of certificates in schools is quite disturbing. Children shouldn't be given a certificate for participating in something they've enjoyed and which other people have organised for them. Wouldn't it make more sense to give a certificate to the people who organised it? Why do you want to give them a certificate? I think they will all know that they took part.

3. JO9832

JO9832 New commenter

Hi
    we have themed our last 2 sports days in EYFS. We had a pirate one whereby we dressed as pirates and showed the parents a range of skills eg walking the plank, peg leg race (hopping etc) . Each child had their own pirate map with 6 circles on each time they had a go they got a pirtate sticker to go on it . We rotated round 6 activities . At the end we opened the treasure box which contained our home made pirate buns and fruit shoots and we gave the certificates out in front of the parents. Some parents put the certificates in the learning journey files , I think certificates are a great idea ,