1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

sports day carousel

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Ricochet, Jun 26, 2011.

1. Non-compeitive:-

slaloms (hockey/ football/ bouncing)
    skipping
    step ups (assuming flat surface)
    hurdles
    Goal scoring
    throwing beanbags into a target
    rest stations
    javelin throws
    squat thrusts over a line
    catch the rat

How many do you want?

2. sounds brilliant!! was just wanting ideas really i could take to the staff meeting to discuss! thank you! :) x

3. no worries - all great ideas! seems more term progresses, more my mind turns to goo and i can't think! lol. x

4. We have two sports days - one for whole school which is carousel of activites with all children in mixed teams from R to Yr 6. The children compete for their house. Activites include:
    Skippping
    Sack race
    Obstacle race
    Throwing foam javelins
    Simple relay
    Throwing bean bags in hoops
    Egg and spoon relay
    Our KS2 sports day is a more traditional competitive one with the usual running races (various distances), skipping, hurdles and relay.

5. CarrieV

CarrieV Lead commenter

We have similar to lou2005

mixed team races with a representative from each year group in a relay-running, skipping, quoit on head, egg and spoon, backwards race, points from each race go towards the sports team cup
    individual running races, each year group has a race, split between boys and girls, certificates for winner of each race
    parents race, toddler races ( for visitors) mother and child race, staff obstacle race and a water balloon race for the year 6's
    We are a small school so everyone get at leat 2 goes!