1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Spooky topic?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Lightbulb100, May 23, 2011.

1. Hi - after half term our feeder high school is running a transition project for our Year Sixes all to do with some kind of spooky theme. Although what the high school generally churns out is a pile of you know what, we have decided to 'embrace' their ideas and go with it.
    Although the high school is loosely planning different ideas, I am looking for any teachers that may have already done a similar spooky/haunted house/scary kinda topic in the past? I'm looking along the lines of maybe music, art or history ideas?
    I have Googled myself to death and have found some ideas (mainly art related) but if anyone has any past plans/ideas, I would be most grateful.
    Thanks

2. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

I have some ideas for listening and composing tasks for Music I have used before.
    The listening is based on Danse Macabre and the composing is based around poetry, first using published poems and then the children write their own and use this for their composition.
    If you are interested I can sort some of it out for you. It'll have to be tomorrow though as I need to gather it together in a form I can pass on.
    Let me know if you are interested.