1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Sponsoring an animal / a child as a class?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Lilybett, Feb 6, 2012.

1. Has anyone done this and does anyone have any recommendations? I'm after a scheme where you get updates on the animal/child so we can share these as a class... And one that's not insanely expensive!!! Thanks in advance x

2. Has anyone done this and does anyone have any recommendations? I'm after a scheme where you get updates on the animal/child so we can share these as a class... And one that's not insanely expensive!!! Thanks in advance x

3. we adopted an orangutan at chester zoo last year - it was £50 for the year but i registered as an individual but just put the school name as my own name. we even got a plaque outside the enclosure with our name on and they did send us regular magazines and information. the children paid by way of donations.

4. Hehe orangutans [​IMG]
    Do you find ways to link it to the Curriculum or is it just a kind thing you enjoy as a class?
    My class' parents would sooo not want to donate cash! 'Challenging' catchment area... So £50 is a little more than I wanted to spend. Which is a shame, cos Dogs' Trust's sponsorship scheme is £52 and ace - you get loads of cute letters from your dog, my class would lap it up. [​IMG]