1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

    Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

    Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

    Dismiss Notice

Sponsering husband while teaching abroad in the ME

Discussion in 'US – Staffroom' started by bkhan426, Oct 6, 2017.

  1. bkhan426

    bkhan426 New commenter

    Hello, I am US citizen a teacher in California, I would like to go abroad teach in ME, however I am just worried about my husband not being able to join me because he in not a US citizen,he does not hold a USA passport. He is currently living in Pakistan and holds Pakistani passport. We are legally married. Has anyone been in similar situation where their partner was able to join them? How long can it take and what are my options? Please share experience.
  2. Mel Campbell

    Mel Campbell New commenter

    Do you mean your husband join you overseas or in the US? I can't speak for ME but I'm in the US with my American husband and currently going through the immigration process to get a green card. We applied in october 2017 and are expecting the process to take at least a year.
  3. blazer

    blazer Star commenter

    Is ME the Middle East? I don't think someone with a Pakistan passport would have a problem getting into most Middle eastern countries. Probably easier than getting into the USA!

Share This Page