1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Spoke to my estranged husband tonight and ...

Discussion in 'Personal' started by ff392, Jun 10, 2011.

1. I felt nothing other than he is a sad pathetic creature.

2. lardylegs

lardylegs Occasional commenter

I felt exactly the same.. talking to my current husband...

3. It's a strange feeling, isn't it? I feel a bit nauseus when I see mine.

4. It,s like a weight of my shoulders and now know it's time to move on . Not to think about someone else as can't imagine that or ever letting myself let anyone close again. But time to look forward and not back ! Phew.

5. stopwatch

stopwatch Occasional commenter

I never see my ex-wife any more. I don't know how we were ever compatible. We are virtually completely different characters with many different core values.
    I married young (and naieve and manipulable and more than a little stupid) [​IMG]

6. I felt exactly the same.. talking to my current husband...
    Sorry lardylegs, I did laugh at that. I have those moments too......with increasing frequency.

7. acertainsomething

acertainsomething Occasional commenter

By having to make this comment then you felt something. Otherwise you would have been ambivalent in your response. I felt nothing.

8. How are you faring, acs?

9. acertainsomething

more better days than dark ones now thanks Baubs

10. Good news, buddy.

11. Me too [​IMG]

12. acertainsomething

absolutely and any comments based on an ex being pathetic usually is tied in with anger. We often feel angry because we felt let down by someone we loved and someone we thought loved us too.

13. The opposite of love isn't hate. It's indifference

14. acertainsomething

Agreed

15. No denying I have been extreamly angry and let down as I loved him and thought he loved me. But was surprised/ pleased how I felt after I spoke with him.........