1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Spoilt Brats

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Vince_Ulam, Aug 9, 2018.

1. Vince_Ulam

Vince_Ulam Star commenter

I applaud this McDonald's manager in Boston for his professional forbearance under stress:

Most men would have knocked these spoilt brats on their **** and received a round of applause. Here McDonald's patrons sheepishly enjoy the show, and had the manager fought back they no doubt would have berated him for not using 'appropriate' restraint techniques.

The manger is reported not to be pressing charges but I sincerely hope that these two puerile thugs, 16 & 19 years old ridiculously and for whom their mother has apologised, are arrested & prosecuted for their violent & public assault upon an innocent man doing his job. What makes this worse is that their father was in the restaurant with them and his mother appears to think that she & her sons are some kind of victims.

It sickens me to see people behave like this, and to see nobody intervene to prevent harm.

2. Wotton

Wotton Lead commenter

Sorry but he needs to press charges their behaviour is totally unacceptable. If the parents were there and didn't step in is that an indication of why they have such dreadful behaviour.

3. maggie m

maggie m Established commenter

McDonalds should be proud of such an employee he showed amazing restraint. I hope they press chrges against these nasty little thugs.

4. artboyusa

artboyusa Lead commenter

Great how everybody rushes to help the poor guy.

agathamorse, kibosh and nomad like this.
  5. Aquamarina1234

Aquamarina1234 Star commenter

Their parents were there and didn't intervene???

agathamorse and kibosh like this.
  6. Laphroig

Laphroig Lead commenter

And things like this is why even Wisbech is better than Boston.

My daughter in law was attacked in the town centre in the middle of the day. She was beaten and her bag stolen. No one helped. My husband and I were making our way to the car after a dinner party in full evening fig when we were surrounded by a group of local teenagers. It quickly got threatening until one of the group recognised my husband as his brief and called the rest off. That’s Boston for you.

agathamorse and kibosh like this.
  7. peter12171

peter12171 Lead commenter

If I was working there I would have hoped to have got some support - not necessarily from the patrons, but from my colleagues! Fair play to him, but what a wonderful example set by the father...wandering off to go to his truck. Maybe his attitude explains something...

agathamorse and nomad like this.
  8. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Charges need to be pressed. They need to understand their actions had consequences.

When that lady was assaulted in Paris 5 people stood up and were ready to act. Here an assault happened in public and no-one did anything... they just stood there.

9. nomad

nomad Star commenter

10. Vince_Ulam

I am happy to report that Mr. Nathan Whittemore, the Mcdonald's manager, has changed his mind about pressing charges after discovering that these brats have form:

Bullying Thugs: McDonald’s manager punched by thug brothers reveals they started fight after ‘drunkenly trying to lock worker in cupboard and steal his glasses’

'He added that he wasn’t going to press charges originally but changed his mind after hearing that the boys did something similar in a McDonald’s in nearby Bourne, Lincs.'
    TheSun.co.uk, 9th August 2018.

Let them be imprisoned and learn what it is to live day and night alongside other violent offenders.

11. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Excellent news.

Now hopefully the justice system will do what it is intended to do...

agathamorse likes this.
  12. dumpty

dumpty Lead commenter

I have fought myself over the last few years for a developing line of thought taking me over but now I must admit it - I think we have developed a society now where we simply need to cull a section of us.

The utter stupidity of some and the disgraceful behaviour indicates it has gone past all limits for help..

Time for a cull.

13. Skeoch

Skeoch Lead commenter

Good thing you're not politician - there would already be an online witch-hunt demanding an inquiry, an apology, and for you to be sacked. (Yes I know that your comment was tongue in cheek.......)

dumpty, kibosh and lanokia like this.
  14. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

It's cos it's a guy, no chivalry for men it seems!!

15. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

16. Vince_Ulam

Were a man to publicly defend himself against a violent woman we can be sure that he would be chastised by onlookers.

Still, men and women are equal now:

Well done, Feminists.