1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Spinning when pregnant

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by gymlady, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Hi, I'm currently 19 weeks and I am still spinning. I do a 45 min class one day and 2 half hour classes back to back the next. i also go to the gym 3 or 4 times a week. I plan to continue doing both right the way through. I will continue with spinning until I find it too uncomfortable i.e when the bump gets too big and is in the way!!! my instructor knows and I just do what i can. so far its been fine (although the first 12 weeks i struggled with my energy levels but i'm back to normal now)
    This is my second pregnancy and last time i did body combat classes until i was 36 weeks and went to the gym right to the end. i swam the day before i had her I found that as i'd carried on right up to the end my fitness levels didn;t have time to drop too much and i got back into it straight away - i was in the gym 5 weeks after my c-section.
    i think as long as your careful you'll be fine. you know your body and you'll know when you've had enough. as long as your instructor is happy for you to be there and you just do what you can you'll be fine. enjoy and congratulations.