1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Spending too much time planning lessons

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by uk343, Mar 29, 2016.

1. uk343

uk343 New commenter

I am a PGCE Secondary Mathematics. I feel that I am spending too much time planning lessons ( even with the help of TES resources) . I would like to hear suggestions of the tips and resouces you used for planning , especially for Maths secondary.

I do not feel like I can go through this PGCE with this much of planning all the time.

Your advices is valued.

2. oscillator

oscillator Occasional commenter

The best thing I ever did during my training was watch an AST plan one of her lessons. She talked out loud through her thinking process in planning the lesson. I probably took some notes as she did it. It took her about 20 minutes to plan the lesson and that activity was one of the best things I did during my year of training!

Planning does take time, but it does get quicker. Use your department's bank of resources as well as TES and other resources.

uk343 likes this.
  3. uk343

uk343 New commenter

Huge thank you to your advice!I will ask to see the AST planning when coming back to school. Thank you so much .