1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Spellings New Curriculum Scheme of Work

Discussion in 'English' started by clarej11, Jun 16, 2015.

1. clarej11

clarej11 New commenter

Can anyone please recommend a spelling scheme for KS1 and KS2 that has weekly spelling lists and assessments included?

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

I don't know about others, but I really feel that sometimes learning lists of spellings doesn't always equate to using them in thei writing. They believe they have succeeded because they got them all right, yet don't necessarily continue to spell correctly in their work. I'm personally a fan of teaching the rules and then getting them to fill in (cloze procedure) a paragraph with words (sometimes met and sometimes just further examples of the 'rule') There's a superb set of books by Violet Brand Sam and the Tramp ideal for this in the lower age ranges and I tend to make up my own in upper Juniors.

3. emilybronte

emilybronte New commenter

Not heard of these, they sound fab and will order one to take a look. Thanks for the recommendation. Anything else?