1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Speeding

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Tills, Jan 23, 2012.

1. I realise this probably isnt the place for this but thought I'd get a quicker answer than in career.
    I
    just got a speeding notification (35 in a 30 zone. Sandwiched between
    two 60 zones so just forgot). I may be able to get the speeding training
    session which means you dont get points.
    So two questions - Do I need to tell my employer? Does it make a difference if I dont get the points?
    Do I need to tell my insurance company if I dont get points? (I know I do if I do, if you see what I mean)
    I want to be honest and am not trying to hide anything. But not really gonna tell people if I dont have to!
    Ta

2. If you chose to complete the mind numbing but moments of mmm speed can kill course then personal experience is that nobody needs to know who you do not want to know. Therefore employer and insurance need no notification

3. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

You don't need to tell your employer anything. But you will only be able to go to the course thing at the weekend without telling them.

When I had a few sets of points, my main reason for being extra careful for a while was the dread of having to tell my HT if I got any more and had to go to court.

I'm not sure that you don't have to tell your insurance company. I'd ask someone official if I were you. I think my company asks about convictions rather than points.

4. harsh-but-fair

harsh-but-fair Lead commenter

But points are convictions ...

5. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

I meant they might want to know that you have been caught and on the course.