1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Speed Cameras-with new sat nav technology, obselete, elitist and waste of time

Discussion in 'Personal' started by SIRFRANK, Apr 14, 2011.

1. Is my thinking as I buy the latest bit of software for my sat nav which will not only tell me where the wretched things are along my journey but give me a countdown to them and make an extremely loud noise when they are close.
    In short this makes them totally pointless, the only people falling into their money grabbing cash cow schemes the vulnerable who cant afford the technology to get around them.

2. And those who don't break the speed limit.

3. Why have posted exactly the same thread on Opinion and Personal?
    Hoping that someone will agree with you?

4. doomzebra

doomzebra Occasional commenter

and are incapable of noticing the sodding enormous signs and the bright yellow boxes stuck on poles

5. I wish they would develop sat nav technology that alerted laser guided w anker seeking missiles to motorists taking "oh so important" phone calls whilst driving at 45 mph past a primary school at kicking out time.

6. Keep wishing Baubs. Around here the police have a cunning plan with their mobile speed camera van. They park in the same spot on the same day every week. They can't even catch the terminally stupid motorist.

7. I think you'll find they are called "safety partnership cameras", dekka, not speed cameras...that is so 2005 .

8. Aye, that's so me. Off the pace as usual.