1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Special School

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by Kangaroo1200, May 25, 2019.

1. Kangaroo1200

Kangaroo1200 New commenter

Hi, I'm thinking of applying for a job in a MLD special school. I'm currently working in mainstream and we have MLD children there too. I don't really know what to expect in special. What would the MLD be like? Thanks

2. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

I know of an MLD school in the LA where I used to teach. It was known as the ‘grammar ‘ school of specials - ha ! It was highly selective and the students ( Secondary ) were very willing, malleable and responsive. I think the setting had a bit of a wake up call when it started to admit children with ASD ? but in general I think a very stress free environment ? We had children in our mainstream school with MLD alongside other complex needs / attendance issues. Said MLD provision would not entertain these v needy student - scandalous to be honest ....