1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Special School Planning Formats

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by EmmaO, May 21, 2011.

1. Hi - having had a look in the resources section I was hoping that there might be some more special school teachers out there who would be happy to share examples of planning formats - long, medium, short, weekly, daily (however you do it) filled in or blank! If you would be happy to share please could you email - emma.oldroyd@yahoo.co.uk Many Thanks

2. dzil

dzil Occasional commenter

Hello, are secondary special (PMLD / SLD levels P2 through to NC2) any good?

3. Thank you! we have pupils from 3-19 pmld / sld / asd, covering p levels through to early N/C levels so any examples would be great!

4. dzil

You should have mail

5. Oooo, sorry to jump in but could l get a copy of your planning formats too. Trying to get ours updated and it is tricky. It is always good to see other examples.
    Thanks!
    lh_humble@hotmail.co.uk

6. dzil

you should both have mail

7. Sorry to jump on the bandwagon but would be grateful too, thanks

8. dzil

How do I contact you? You could PM me your e mail to keep it private perhaps?

9. dzil

signalong, you have mail.

10. could I also share your planning frmats as it always helps to see how others do things. many thanks. gclovell@hotmail.co.uk

11. dzil

Certainly. Could you give me some idea of your school set up so I can send something closer to your needs? I teach secondary pupils with PMLD and SLD (levels P2 through to NC 3.)

12. Hi there,
    Could I be cheeky and get a copy of the long term planning resources please. I teach secondary pupils with ASD and SLD (levels P2 through to NC 3.
    Thanks
    tommy_rogers007@hotmail.com

13. Hope it's not too much trouble but is there any chance of a copy of your planning, please. I teach KS3 in a SPD/MLD/ASD setting working at levels P4 to Level 3.
    Thanks in anticipation
    rainbow19@hotmail.co.uk

14. Hello, if you logon to the Oxfam website they have some SEN planning up. http://www.oxfam.org.uk/Waterweek/Toolkit

I'm not sure if that link will work, but if you go in to the teaching area, and follow the waterweek toolkit links, the SEN planning is there.

15. Hi, I'm just about to start as an NQT teaching a secondary key stage 3/ 4 all with PMLD... the school hasn't had a devoted class before and I am having to adapt and plan provision for them... so if I could have a copy of any planning or assessment you use that would be wonderful:)

rebeccaamcrawford@yahoo.co.uk

16. rodenburg

rodenburg New commenter

Could I also look at someone's planning and assessment. I am starting a job in a ks2/3 complex needs and pmld class x thank you in advance

Alisonjanedavies@hotmail.com

17. me too please. starting KS3 PMLD as an NQT and starting to feel panicked! I am also unable to get into school to even look at past planning,.

Thank you

michelle_0151@yahoo.co.uk

18. Jo3Grace

Jo3Grace New commenter

Hello I've lots of free to download planning examples at http://jo.element42.org

I write educational resources for pupils in special schools on behalf of a variety of organsations who all wonderfully provide the resources for free.

My current 'hot topic' one is the FREE school library pack from booktrust - your school can apply and they get sent books for the school library and activities to do in conjunction with the books to promote student engagement in reading. There's a direct link from my site.

I hope this helps a little.

Kind regards

Joanna Grace

19. jennycraik

jennycraik New commenter

Hi, I know this discussion is a few years old but I would really appreciate some help. I will be working in pmld/ sld class after 12 years of mainstream primary teaching experience. Would it be possible for anyone to share examples of medium term and short term planning? The school I am going to be uses routes for learning and pivats. Thank you.