1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

special needs waves of intervention model

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by sxu01cms, Sep 4, 2019.

1. sxu01cms

sxu01cms New commenter

Does any body know if the "special needs waves of intervention model" is still in place (wave 1, 2,3

2. Flanks

Flanks Established commenter

As much as it ever was. It was purely an interpretation of the code of practice.

3. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

We used to phrase it as ‘paying due regard to ‘the CoP. Get your ODC model in situ, monitor, assess and evaluate its effectiveness and then identify time limited fit for purpose interventions ...

4. sxu01cms

sxu01cms New commenter

thanks- it just doesn't seemed to mentioned in any recent documents! Minnie, what is ODC model?? Just had a quick google!

5. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

Ordinary Differentiated Curriculum or Quality First Teaching model . Basically you front load your curriculum so that all staff and additional adults make reasonable adjustments to their teaching / support mechanisms to accommodate a range of learners . Pretty sure the revised Code flags this up ? Ensures that those provided with intervention ( additional / different ) are genuine SEND students and not the recipients of poor / inadequate/ inefficient provision ? I have some models if it would help ?