1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

special needs child

Discussion in 'Primary' started by bek24, Mar 11, 2012.

1. Hi there, and a great big thank you to everyone who replied to my post about my sisters daughter. She has now been assessed by the ed psych who said that to reach her potential she needs 1 to 1 tuition in all areas. She is at the moment in a mixed class of reception and year 1. She is struggling to keep up with reception children. She has no concept of number, finds it difficult to forge and maintain frindships, poor literacy skills. She has motor dyspraxia, has a high number of falls, weak wrists and ankes, has been to hospital a few times from tumbling at school. I could go on but maybe there is enough of a picture. The advice given so far has been really useful but perhaps a snapshot of her problems may procure yet more great advice, thanks so much everyone, it is a really difficult decision to make.

2. Msz

Msz Established commenter

Your sister and/or the school need to apply for a statement of SEN which would hopefully ensure your niece receives the support she needs backed by the EP report.