1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Special Educational Needs in Thailand

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by rahatlukum, Feb 12, 2012.

1. I am thinking about moving to Thailand but need to secure schooling for my children. I have a son who has a speech & language disorder (he has an educational statement in the UK) & was wondering if there is a provision for children like him in Thailand and where I could find it/more information regarding costs & legibility. I'd really appreciate it if someone pointed me in the right direction.

Many thanks

2. I am thinking about moving to Thailand but need to secure schooling for my children. I have a son who has a speech & language disorder (he has an educational statement in the UK) & was wondering if there is a provision for children like him in Thailand and where I could find it/more information regarding costs & legibility. I'd really appreciate it if someone pointed me in the right direction.

Many thanks

3. wrldtrvlr123

wrldtrvlr123 Occasional commenter

Where in Thailand? I would be virtually certain that you would not qualify for any public Speech services (and/or that none would be available in English).
    How involved is your son? Most/All international schools will only take students with fairly mild disabilities. The British school in BK does have a Speech Therapist that they will charge extra for. Also, there is a small school in BK that serves a range of more involved students. PM me if you want more information as names are likely to be deleted.