1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Special Education Needs Advisor

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by smith004d, Sep 9, 2012.

1. Hi,
    Does anyone know of best practices in the role of a Special Education Needs Advisor for a Local Authority and what maybe involved in the role?
    Many thanks
    Deborah

2. Hi,
    Does anyone know of best practices in the role of a Special Education Needs Advisor for a Local Authority and what maybe involved in the role?
    Many thanks
    Deborah

3. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

Organising training. Deliver INSET. Working with data. Lesson observations. Guidance on policy writing / IEP / Provision Mapping. CPD for Teaching Assistants. Bespoke / tailored support packages for Primary / Secondary / Specialiat settings . Conduct SEN audits. Write / monitor Action Plans. Disseminate key points from current legislation. Provide SEN online forums. Deliver Training to SEND Governors.Liaise with provider on SENCO AWARD / Accreditation.Report back on standards to Line Manager. Develop / lead / prepare schools for Inclusion / Dyslexia Friendly Awards ? . Advise on delivery of Ordinary Differentiated Curriculum Model. Disseminate good practice locally / nationally. Maintain a budget .....sure there is other stuff ....this is off the top of my head.