1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

speaking and listening to impact on writing

Discussion in 'Primary' started by fayebaline, Feb 6, 2011.

1. I have an ob next week with set 2 year 5 literacy and the focus is speaking and listening and how it can be used to support writing. We are looking at famous people and biographies. I was thinking of giving pairs a selection of facts about a person. Then into groups where they share their facts (using cubes to help take turns) for others to listen and record the facts. THen they can work in pairs again to improve vocab
    Any ideas to improve this as I feel its lacking some inspiration!!!
    Thanks

2. I have an ob next week with set 2 year 5 literacy and the focus is speaking and listening and how it can be used to support writing. We are looking at famous people and biographies. I was thinking of giving pairs a selection of facts about a person. Then into groups where they share their facts (using cubes to help take turns) for others to listen and record the facts. THen they can work in pairs again to improve vocab
    Any ideas to improve this as I feel its lacking some inspiration!!!
    Thanks

3. tafkam

tafkam Occasional commenter

Are they all to be writing about different people or the same one?
    If the latter, I'd be tempted to hotseat as the individual and have the S&L aspect be the questionning (and responses) of the character in role.

Is hotseat the word I'm looking for? It doesn't sound right now I've written it.

4. Chang eof plan I now think i'm going to write a letter from one of our famous people and the speaking and listening could be aciting out what thye would say and how we could change that it to written words
    This sound better as i feel a bit more confident about it!
    Thanks