1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Speaking and listening help!

Discussion in 'English' started by sarahlip, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Hi all,
    I am being observed with my year 10 class on Friday and desperate to get an outstanding lesson. Does anyone have any good speaking and listening ideas/resources that would be suitable for role play lessons? Please help! X

2. Hi all,
    I am being observed with my year 10 class on Friday and desperate to get an outstanding lesson. Does anyone have any good speaking and listening ideas/resources that would be suitable for role play lessons? Please help! X

3. sunflower48

sunflower48 New commenter

Parents Evening! Three or four students take on role of teacher, parent(s), student. A situation they will all know well and a variety of characters to act out. It's amazing at times how accurate they are in their interpretation of the teacher!

Or an interview for a job in the summer holidays at a theme park - in the ticket office, the cafe.

Or do something related to the text you may have already read - Of Mice and Men?

4. Outstanding means plenty of....Kagan straategies,mini-plenaries, revsiting lesson objectives,clear AFL activities and that there is PROGRESSION ie. the kids have moved on from 50 minutes before.
    Look at Teach It for some fab S and L activites that really engage kids.
    Good luck!

5. Thank you so much! I will have a good look! x